For a recent record of my Professional Development please click here.
6.1 Identify & Plan Professional Learning Needs
Highly Accomplished – Analyse the National Professional Standards for Teachers to plan personal professional development goals, support colleagues to identify and achieve personal development goals and pre- service teachers to improve classroom practice.
6.2 Engage in Professional Learning & Improve Practice
Highly Accomplished – Plan for professional learning by accessing and critiquing relevant research, engage in high quality targeted opportunities to improve practice and offer quality placements for pre-service teachers where applicable.
One of the ways that I am constantly improving my own practice is by attending relevant training & development. The “Reading Comprehension Conference” is one example of where I was able to reflect on my professional learning.
- How do you identify your professional learning needs?
- How do you update your knowledge and improve your practice?
- How does your professional learning and professional development impact on the school and/or system priorities?
6.3 Engage with the colleagues and Improve Practice
Highly Accomplished – Initiate and engage in professional discussions with colleagues in a range of forums to evaluate practice directed at improving professional knowledge and practice, and the educational outcomes of students.
- How can you support colleagues to evaluate teaching programs directed at improving professional knowledge and practice?
- How can you support colleagues to develop learning programs that reflect an understanding of the needs of their students?
6.4 Apply Professional Learning and Improve Student Learning
Highly Accomplished – Engage with colleagues to evaluate the effectiveness of teacher professional learning activities to address student learning needs.